Power Outage / Tree on Lines / Streetlight Out
To Report a Power Outage:
Customers who are without power are encouraged to report their outage and can do so by phone or by web:
– PHONE 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877)
– WEB https://www.firstenergycorp.com/ (Once there, click the“Report an Outage”)
For Restoration Updates (including Estimated Restoration Times, when available) and more:
– VISIT FirstEnergy’s 24/7 Power Center at 24/7 Power Center
– CONNECT with West Penn Power on Facebook and Twitter
Be prepared for a power outage:
- Program 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) into your cell phone so that you can easily report a power outage should one occur.
- Make sure that your cell phone is registered with your West Penn Power account so that when you call in a power outage, your account information is automatically recognized. To register call 1-800-686-0021 or on-line at https://www.firstenergycorp.com/log_in.html.
- Bookmark West Penn Power’s MOBILE outage page on your smart phone at http://outages.firstenergycorp.com/pa_m.html so that outage updates are readily available.
- Follow West Penn Power on Twitter @W_Penn_Power.
- If you have a smart phone, download the West Penn Power or Penn Power app to report power outages, view outages, etc.
- Be prepared to be without power for 7-10 days. Keep flashlights, extra batteries, battery powered radio, bottled water, non-perishable food, etc. readily available. If you have well water, fill your bathtub with water in advance of a storm. For additional information, go to https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/customer/help/outages.html.
What to do if you lose power from West Penn Power:
- If only your lights are out, check your circuit breakers/fuses. If your neighbors’ lights are out, call 1-888-LIGHTSS (888-544-4877) and follow the recorded prompts. Note that West Penn Power does not know when your power is out. Call in your outage, even if a neighbor has called. Our computer systems use these calls to help pinpoint the problem which could mean a faster restoration time. If the phone number that you are calling from is registered with your account, the phone system will associate the call with that address. Customers can request “call backs.” The automated system will call the customer letting them know when we believe that the power is back on. This allows the customer to let us know if you are still without power.
- Stay away from downed power lines and anything touching them! If you see a wire down, call 1-888-LIGHTSS or 911.
How to Report Street Light Outage/Problem:
If possible, obtain the Pole No. from the plate found on the pole itself. Also, have your account number on your bill in front of you. Access the following website: https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/customer/service_requests/report-lighting-problem.html
You may also call: 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877).
Report Tree Problem