Property Transfer

All property sold in the Township must have a confirmed PASSING Dye Test, Municipal No Lien Letter and Change of Address Permit.  Please note Union Township does not accept cash.  Payment can be made by check or money order.  Occupancy/Change of Address Permit/Lien Letter Request Form

Permit Costs:

  • Municipal No Lien Letter $100.00
  • Occupancy Permit/Residential Change of Address Permit $100.00
  • Commercial Change of Address Permit $250.00

Dye Test and Sewer No-Lien Letter

All properties, sewered and septic systems, are required to have a dye test.

  • If sewered, please note that there are three sewerage systems operating in Union Township and you will need to follow the directions for the appropriate sewerage system.
  • Homes with septic systems follow a separate set of instructions for the dye test.

Properties that are SEWERED and served by PETERS CREEK SANITARY AUTHORITY (PCSA) serves the majority of Union Township

If the property has a zip code of 15332 or 15336, it is almost certainly served by Peters Creek Sanitary Authority.  Contact Peters Creek Sanitary Authority to schedule a dye test at 724-348-6860. Peter’s Creek will advise you of their requirements and give instructions on how to obtain a Sewer No-Lien letter.  (If they have no billing record of the property, it is either septic or in the Elrama Sewerage System as there does exist a handful of properties that have a zip code of 15332 in the Elrama system.)

Properties that are SEWERED and located in the ELRAMA SEWERAGE SYSTEM are served by WEST ELIZABETH SEWAGE AUTHORITY (WESA)

Elrama is located in the far northeast corner of the Township which is predominantly in the 15038 zip code area.  This location puts it in a separate watershed than Peters Creek customers.  Customers served by Elrama Sewerage System make up a very small portion of sewered Union Township residents by comparison.  The serviced area includes Elrama and a small portion of Finleyville-Elrama Road homes numbered 4315 and higher, as well as associated side roads such as Pumpkin Center and Gun Club Road.  You can do a Mapquest of "15038" to ascertain the general location served by this sewerage system to see if the property in question is near or in that area by clicking here: Elrama area. If still unsure, look at the current bill to verify whether sewage is being billed through West Elizabeth Sanitary Authority.

For charges billed after 1-1-2016, send a sewer no-lien letter request to West Elizabeth Sanitary Authority (WESA), P.O. Box 503, West Elizabeth, PA 15088, along with a $15 check made out to West Elizabeth Sanitary Authority.  Your request must include the Parcel ID, Address, Buyers Name, Seller’s Name, Closing Date, self-addressed envelope.

Properties that are SEWERED and served by SOUTH PARK SEWAGE AUTHORITY (The OVERLOOK SEWAGE project)

This area has addresses on Library Road, Overlook Street, and Ash Avenue.  A no-lien letter request should be made to Union Township Sewage, 3904 Finleyville-Elrama Road, Finleyville, PA 15332

Properties with SEPTIC SYSTEMS

Contact Washington County Sewage Council to schedule a dye test at 724-223-0504.  For more information visit the Washington County Sewage Council Website at:  Download the guidelines: Preparing for a Septic Tank Dye Test - Wash County Sewage Council 2014

Other Required Documents

Municipal No-Lien Letter

Type a request for a Municipal No-Lien letter which includes:

  • Parcel ID
  • Address
  • Buyers Name
  • Seller’s Name
  • Closing Date

Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Enclose a check for $100

Send the typewritten request, check, and self-addressed envelope to:

Attn: Secretary, Municipal No-Lien Letter
3904 Finleyville Elrama Road
Finleyville, PA 15332

To check on the status of your municipal no-lien letter request, email and include the street address of the property and realty company name.  Municipal Lien letters will not be issued until the Township receives written confirmation of a passing dye test.  The title company may forward a copy of the confirmed passing dye test documents to

Tax Certifications

Type a request letter for tax certifications which includes:

  • Parcel ID
  • Address
  • Buyers Name
  • Seller’s Name
  • Closing Date

Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a check for $30.00.  Send the typewritten request, check, and self-addressed envelope to:

Attn: Tax Collector - Tax Certification Request
3904 Finleyville Elrama Road, Suite 101
Finleyville, PA 15332

Note on Transfer of a Mobile Home:   Mobile homes now require tax certifications.  Please click on the following notice for important new information regarding titling of mobile homes:  Penn Dot Driver and Vehicle Service Update - Manufactured Homes - Bulletin No. 14-8 - June 2014

(To check the status of your application, contact the tax collector at:  724 348-9000 )

Occupancy / Change of Address Permit

Occupancy/ Change of Address Permit/Lien Letter Request

The agent should submit a request for an Occupancy/Change of Address Permit

Also, enclose a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope (a separate return address envelope is requested as occupancy permit applications are handed off to our third-party contractor responsible for our Township's building inspections. occupancy permits, and code enforcement.)