Animal Control


Kym Secreet, is the appointed Animal Control Officer, for issues involving dogs only, at 724-503-4417. If you have lost a pet, you may want to check with the Animal Control Officer and/or the Humane Society at 724-746-4344 to see if it has been found. However, if you need to purchase a dog license, contact Washington County or see the County Website for an application:  Dog License

Wild and Domestic Animals

For Complaints concerning wildlife or game animals, please call the Southwest Region of the Pennsylvania Game Commission at (724)-238-9523 or 724-238-9524.

Dead Animals on Road

For deer only on State Roads call PennDot at 724-223-4480

For dead animals on Township Roads call the Union Township Municipal Offices at

The Game Commission website also says they can direct you to the appropriate agency to remove dead deer.  Contact Game Commission or by phone 724-238-9253.

If the animal is an obstruction to traffic, please call 911 so that it can be moved off the road.

Dead animals on private property are the responsibility of the property owner.


Information on rabies provided by USDA – Wildlife Division: Rabies Question and Answer Information – USDA Wildlife 2016.

Contact Info

Animal Control Officer - Dogs Only
Kim Secreet

Humane Society

Pennsylvania Game Commission